September 2021 (26 months)
CRAFTED brings together a diverse consortium composed of experienced Europeana aggregators - European Fashion Heritage Association7, EUscreen8, MUSEU-HUB9, and the Greek national aggregator SearchCulture.gr10, 15 museums and archives from 8 European countries, eight of them involved directly in the consortium, and seven involved through the Greek national aggregator (ten of these institutions are providing content to Europeana for the first time), the Europeana Foundation, and experienced technology partners with the aim to aggregate new high-quality datasets on Europeana, provide novel technologies to enrich collections and carry out public engagement and dissemination activities to promote crafts heritage. The project sets out to achieve six specific objectives:
- Increase the amount of high-quality, multimodal content on Europeana.
- Define and deploy an innovative human-in-the-loop methodology and accompanying toolset for the optimized automatic enrichment of large amounts of CH metadata
- Enhance interest in European crafts and rejuvenation of craft practices.
- Support the takeup of AI and crowdsourcing technologies in the Cultural Heritage sector.
1. National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)-established in Greece
2. Michael Culture Association (MCA) - established in Belgium
3. Stichting Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid (NISV) - established in Netherlands
4. European Fashion Heritage Association (EFHA) - established in Italy
5. Stichting Europeana (EF) - established in Netherlands
6. AG Culturele Instellingen Antwerpen/Erfgoed (AG CIA) - established in Belgium
7. DATABLE BV (DATABLE) - established in Belgium
8. Université du Luxembourg (UdL) - established in Luxembourg
9. MINISTERE DE LA CULTURE ET DE LA COMMUNICATION - Mobilier national et manufactures nationales des Gobelins, de Beauvais et de la Savonnerie (MCC) - established in France
10. Museum of Arts and Crafts (MUO) - established in Croatia
11. STOWARZYSZENIE MIEDZYNARODOWE CENTRUM ZARZADZANIA INFORMACJA (ICIMSS) - established in Poland
12. Fondazione Museo del Tessuto di Prato (FMTP) - established in Italy
13. Etablissement public Paris Musées (PARIS MUSEES) - established in France
14. NATIONAL DOCUMENTATION CENTER – EKT (ETHNIKO KENTRO TEKMIRIOSIS KAI ILEKTRONIKOU PERIECHOMENOU) (EKT) - established in Greece